This week I’m going to focus on some recent online video data that has been published over the last few weeks. Here are some of the more interesting things I’ve found lately:
- According to ComScore, 86% of the American Internet audience viewed online video during the month.
- The average video watched was 6.1 minutes long.
- Google video sites still dominate the online video world with YouTube.
- The average YouTube viewer is watching 6.6 hours of video per month.
- The average ad was 30 seconds long.
- Americans watched 11 billion online video ads in October.
- Hulu packs the most advertising punch of any online video platform. They showed 59 video ads per viewer during the month.
- Completion rates for online video ads are high for long-form online videos. 93% of ads during videos longer than 20 minutes are viewed.